Best Workout for Quick Weight Loss
Men weight loss workout
: Experts state that strength training combined with cardio exercises and diet can help achieve maximum weight loss. It is believed that when the body sticks to strength training, the composition of muscle mass increases thereby allowing energy to burn at a faster rate. It is also seen that when the body is at rest, much energy is lost because the metabolism rates are higher.
Evidences also support the view that when cardiovascular exercises are done with strength training, one can lose pounds with a 56 percent increase as compared to the weight lost with just cardiovascular exercises alone.
How Does Cardio and Strength Training Help Lose More Pounds Fast?
Experts are of the opinion that increasing muscle mass composition which arises due to both cardio and strength training can help burning more calories per week. For instance, one pound of muscle can burn as much as 350 to 500 calories in one week say experts. On the other hand, one pound of fat can help you lose just 14 calories in one week.
In this way, you could be actually shedding about 10 pounds both safely and gradually in 6 weeks.
What Should Your Quick Weight Loss Program Be?
Your quick weight loss program should be something like as mentioned below:
- Strength training exercises that would include – lifting weights, doing weight resistance exercises at least 3-4 times per week.
- Focus on a total body workout which will target the larger muscles in the upper and lower parts of the body like the biceps, triceps, pectoral, deltoids, quadriceps, back and abdominal muscles, gluteus and hamstring.
- Cardio training that should include – aerobic dancing, walking, swimming, bicycling, etc 3-4 times per week.
Mode and Intensity of Training
Listed below are some details regarding the mode ad intensity of the workout to be performed:
- Experts suggest that you should start on a medium and moderate pace
- Ensure that you at least train for a minimum time frame of 30 minutes and a maximum time limit of 1 hour
- Experts also suggest that you take one day off for resting in between your formal exercises in about every 2 weeks. In that case, in a 6-week period, you would be working out for 39 days and resting for 3 days in between. Experts claim that even though you are not focusing at losing weight, it is also better to perform both cardio and strength training exercises.
Cardio exercises help in conditioning the lungs and the heart. In addition, cardio exercises also utilize more oxygen and in a better way so as to ensure the proper functioning of the vital organs.
Strength Training Benefits
Strength training helps in maintaining good muscle mass and in reviving and maintaining high rates of metabolism that can help burn more energy faster, that is, even when a person is not working out.
Apart from cardio and strength training exercises a healthy and well-balanced diet, sufficient sleep and plenty of water contributes towards a safe weight loss program and in maintaining the desired weight.