20 Excuses For Overweight
Some people hardly accept that they are overweight.
They simply ignore it and end up in frustration being overweight. Gaining weight is very easy but losing weight needs strong motivation and strict discipline. So people often make excuses to escape from doing any extra effort.
Most common excuses people make are:
- I am fat because I belong to a very healthy and wealthy family.
- No time to exercise.
- No time to cook healthy diets.
- I am too old now. Don’t need to maintain myself any more.
- Exercises are not much effective for me.
- Sitting whole day in air conditioned rooms are not burning my extra fats.
- Weight gain is due to the effect of medicines.
- I am starting my dieting plans from tomorrow.
- Gaining weight is in heredity. Everyone is fat in my family.
- I am a foodie. I love to eat.
- Not feeling well.
- I have thyroid problem.
- Diets are not effective for me.
- I was taught bad eating habits.
- Getting obese is my fate.
- Losing weight will make me buy a new wardrobe.
- Gym is too far.
- I don’t need to look good. I am married now.
- I am unable to work when I am on diet.
- I do not like exercise.
Making an excuse makes the situation quite convenient because
it is very easy to put the blame on factors.
But you need to understand that it is your health and only you can make it fit and lively.
How Serious is the Menace of Obesity ?
- Two-thirds of American adults are either obese or overweight, and the obesity rate has tripled in the last 30 years.
- The United States government had to declare Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes as national epidemic.
- 49 states are affected with this problem out of the 50 states in this country.
- In 23 states, the statistics are in the rise which not even a single state reporting decline in the rate.
- With 44.4 percent adult obesity rate, Mississippi is at the top of the list of obesity affected states for fifth time in a row.
- Colorado state has lowest number of adult obese rate with 18.9 percent of obese people.
- In 31 states, the adult obesity rate has now exceed 25 percent and in 49 states it has exceeded 20 percent.
- 8 of the 10 states affected with obesity are in the southern part of the country.