Slow Metabolism the Cause of your Obesity?
Slow metabolism is linked to obesity. This happens due to the fact that metabolism influences the body’s energy needs. However, how much you weigh completely depends upon your calorie intake and exercise.
Metabolism is a biochemical process. It converts your food taken into energy. Calories which are present in food and drink gets combined with oxygen to release energy that the body needs to function properly. This is known as the metabolic process. Body needs energy for breathing, cell growth, hormone production and blood circulation even when you are sleeping or resting.
Factors that affects metabolism:-
fat makes up most of our weight and lose muscle mass, as we age. Thus resulting in slowing down the body’s rate of burning calories.
Body size and muscle/fat ratio:-
Larger bodies burn more calories and have more muscle than smaller bodies.
Men burn more calories because of muscle mass than women.
Slow Metabolism and Obesity:-
- Slow metabolism is based on personal demand of the energy to operate body and it is balanced on a daily basis diet.
- Ability to manage weight and basic metabolism can be disrupted by aggressive dieting.
- Obesity is most likely from eating more calories than you can burn.
- Burning calories from exercise and taking less calories will help you in weight loss.
- Maintain basic metabolism and be healthy.
Tips for Losing Weight with a Slow Metabolism:-
- Eat less or burn more, if you are experiencing slow metabolism.
- Keep a check on how many calories you burn per day. You need to eat 500 calories less than you burn everyday, in order to lose one pound in a week.
- Learn that the number of calories that you are burning is right or wrong. Start weighing yourself. Have calorie restricted diet.
- You can lose one to two pounds of weight, if you have calculated and lost right amount of calories. You can cut additional 200 calories , if you are wrong in calculating your daily calorie intake.
- Don’t go under 1200 calories. Your body needs vitamins and minerals. Your body can go into starvation mode.
- Your weight will not go off quickly. Reducing weight requires a lot of patience and dedication.