Easy Weight Loss for 13 Year Olds
In America, obesity is a common problem for 13 year old. About 20% of total adolescents in America are suffering from obesity. This is an alarming number. 13 year old are likely to experience heart problems and high blood pressure because of obesity. There are number of ways in which you can help your 13 year old to lose weight. Teenagers can easily get away with those extra pounds by simply following healthy diet and regular exercise.
6 Ways for 13 Year Old to Lose Weight:-
- First and foremost you need to find out whether your 13 old is really overweight. You can do this by simply knowing his body mass index. One can calculate body mass index by calculating height and weight of your teenager. The sex is also considered while considering the body weight of your teenager. It is advisable to go to a doctor in order to calculate you teens body mass index.
- It is not advisable to put your 13 year old teen into a fad diet until and unless a dietician/physician recommends it. You can encourage healthy eating habits to your teens. Slowly cut down fatty foods and high calories food from your child’s diet. Do not use food as a reward and eat at least one meal of the day together.
- Encourage your child in eating healthy food. Ask your teen to drink plenty of water. Keep plenty of fruits and vegetables in your house.
- Beware of what your child is eating for lunch. When your child was in elementary, he didn’t have any options but now since he is in junior school, there might be cafeterias and other places which offer lot of choices for you teens lunch. Encourage your child to make smart choices.
- Your adolescent needs at least 60 minutes of physical activity daily. Encourage your child to play basket ball or football instead of playing video games and play station. Ask your teen to play outdoor games. You can also motivate your 13 year old to join gym where they get motivated to lose weight. Do not allow your adolescent to lift heavy weights. It can damage their growing bodies.
- Motivate your teen. At this age, your teen must be facing many other challenges. Appreciate your teens and let them know that you equally love them. Do not pressurise them but focus on their positive qualities. One cannot lose weight overnight. It is not easy to reduce weight but with motivation and encouragement, one can easily lose weight.