Calorie Intake to Lose Weight
A simple technique to lose weight is to burn calories. Proper daily calorie intake is a must for weight loss. One can easily lose their weight with the help of fad diets but too much of fad diets can also harm our body. The calorie intake required for an individual depends upon the height, weight and daily activity performed by a person. If you want to lose weight fast then you must lower your calorie intake and increase your physical activity.
How many Calories should be taken to Lose Weight?
On an average, men require 2500 calories per day whereas women require 2000 calories per day. You should create a calorie deficit in order to experience weight loss. Your calorie intake must be lesser than the amount burnt with daily activities and exercise. A deficit of 3500 calories brings about a pound of weight loss.
- Reduce calorie intake to lose weight apart from regular exercise.
- Keep a check on your daily food intake.
- Minimum intake of 1200 calories is required everyday. Do not reduce the intake of calorie less than that without consulting the doctor.
- You can reduce 500 calories per day, if you find that your calorie intake is high.
- Cut down your intake of sugar, in order to reduce weight.
- In order to lose weight quickly, consume more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- One can have low- fat cheese and butter. Avoid consuming sodas and ice-cream.
- Do not starve and go on a rigorous diet. It will make you crave for more food and slow down your metabolism.
- Have smaller portions of meals 6 times a day. Rather than binging on food, eat food after every two to three hours.
- One of the most effective and healthy way to cut down the calories is by following a exercise regime. You can workout in a gym or indulge in other exercises which burn calories faster. These include skipping, swimming or running.
- Or you can devise your own cardio exercise plan.
Top 7 Ways of Reducing Daily Calorie Intake
- Since it is your starting point, determining your daily calorie intake is the first and most important step. Calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR).
- Keep a journal with you. Write down everything that you eat. By writing each and everything, it will help you to consume less calorie.
- Before buying anything, read the label carefully. You must be aware of the calorie content in the food. This will help you to cut down the calorie food from your daily intake.
- Be deliberate with your food choices. Avoid eating snacks type of food such as chips, chocolates, cheese and sandwiches. Divide your day’s intake into 6 small meals and eat smaller portions.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and soda. It will lead to weight gain because they are rich in calories. Stop the consumption of beverages, if you want to reduce your daily calorie intake.
- Workout regularly at least for 30 minutes per day. You can also walk or run for 30 minutes.
- It is advisable to avoid eating after 8 p.m. You do not need extra calories to sleep. So it is important to have a gap between bed time and dinner.
After all, the daily calorie intake cannot be reduced drastically. If it is done, then it can lead to several health problems such as loss of muscle mass, drop in hemoglobin level and lack of energy.
The Negative Calorie Diet
One other way of reducing calorie intake is by going on a negative calorie diet. Some foods take up a lot of calories to be digested than the amount of calories derived from them. The calorie deficit created from the consumption of such foods brings about weight loss.
Which Foods Have Negative Calories?
The Negative Calorie diet consists of more than a hundred kind of foods. Fruits and vegetables that contain high fiber are mainly part of this list. Some of the vegetables include: zucchini, asparagus, spinach, beets, lettuce, broccoli, garlic, chillies, cabbage, celery, chilies etc. The fruits that are considered negative calorie include: pineapple, apples, lemon, grapefruits and oranges.
How Does The Negative Calorie Diet Help?
The negative calorie diet increases your metabolism and they themselves need a lot of calories to be broken down. For example, eating celery can quicken calorie consumption right from when you are having it as it takes a lot of calories in chewing it. The insoluble fiber content is high which in turn spikes up the metabolic activity in the body. These foods have a low glycemic index making one feel satiated for longer periods of time. Hence, one is less prone to give in to unhealthy food cravings.