Circuit Training – For Weight Loss
In order to efficiently lose weight and stay fit, circuit training has becomeone of the best and quickest ways in reaching your goals. Multi muscle movement exercise programs increasefat burning expeditiously increasing calorie burning.
Circuit training is defined as performingmultiple exercises one after the other with rapid movements and short rest periods. There are many benefits of circuit training; one of the greatest benefits of circuit training is consistent weight loss. This article focuses on how to set up a circuit training program.
Circuit Training – for Weight Loss
- Start your circuit training with a warmup session such as light jogging or marching. You can also include stretching exercises in your circuit training session.
- Jump rope or simulate rope jumping for 60 seconds.
- Perform squats with the help of a resistance band. Place both the legs on the resistance band and pull the band to your shoulders. Do this exercise for about one minute or until fatigued.
- Move on to the upper body with a push up exercise. Depending on your fitness level you may do the traditional push up or on your knees to make them easier until you progress. Perform this exercise for 30 seconds or until fatigued.
- The next exercise is brisk walking for about 30 to 60 seconds. Walking is one of the most effective circuit training exercises.
- With the help of the resistance bands, perform bicep curls. Place the resistance band below your feet and hold the ends of the resistance in your hands. Now pull the resistance band bringing your hands toward your shoulders. Perform this exercise for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat jump rope exercise.
- Do another set of pushups or any other upper body exercise.
- Run or jog at a moderate pace for at least a minute.
- Finally relax, cool down and perform some stretching exercises.
On the whole, the above mentioned program completes one circuit. As per your needs and weight loss, you may perform the exercises two to three times. Maintain a gap of few minutes before starting with another set. Maintain a balanced diet and stay hydrated when you are doing a circuit training session.
Circuit training involves the muscular and cardiovascular systems. This combination increases oxygen use, calorie burning and metabolism. Be creative and include any exercise you enjoy or that will simulate an activity you enjoy such as swimming, cycling, tennis, basketball etc.