Lemon Juice and Weight Loss
Lemon juice helps in burning calories and stabilizes the blood sugar levels. Lemon juice is very effective as it works as a detox diet, which enhances the detoxification process in the body. It works by removing the toxins from the body, which in turn improves the metabolic rate. When there is an increase in the metabolism it results in weight loss. Lemon water or lemon juice in water is known to have several health benefits. There are certain guidelines that you need to follow if you are following the lemon juice dietb for weight loss.
Read on to know more about lemon juice and weight loss.
Lemon Detox Diet for Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight quickly in a healthy manner then you can opt for a special diet with lemon juice in water. Metabolic rates can influence the functions of the body systems. Improved metabolism helps in an improved digestion. This results in better absorption of minerals and other nutrients, which in turn can strengthen your immune system. Here are some of the suggestions for the lemon detox diet:
- You must give up solid foods.
- Drink lemon water with maple syrup and cayenne pepper throughout the day.
- This helps in the elimination of the toxins that are harmful for the body, which offers energy as well.
- The best thing is that you will not become tired after following this diet.
- It gives you a glowing and healthy skin as lemon is rich in antioxidants.
- It improves the bowel movements and before starting this lemon detox diet, you must increase the intake of raw vegetables and fruits.
- You are also advised not to eat rice, spicy foods, meat, cheese, coffee, herbs and pasta.
- These are some of the points to be followed to prepare your body before you start the lemon detox diet.
Lemon juice can be taken along with the solid food. You are supposed to take lemon water early in the morning and especially, before you start your activities for the day. Use cayenne pepper in the place of sugar for effective weight loss. You must take this juice regularly and follow some instructions as well. Some of the instructions that you must follow are:
- Drink lots of water throughout the day.
- Lemon juice can be used in other food items as it helps to avoid the rise in blood sugar levels and the weight gain.
- Avoid the intake of artificial sweeteners and sugar rich foods.
- Include moderate amounts of fats in your diet but do not take saturated and trans fats.
- Include brown rice, grain cereals and breads, brown pasta, etc but avoid the intake of refined foods.
- You should take lots of seeds and nuts, fish, lean meat in your diet.
- Limit the consumption of beverages like sodas, alcohol, coffee, sweetened fruit juices, tea and other carbonated beverages.
- Chew and eat the food slowly and eat five five to six small meals instead of the bigger meals.
- Include plenty of low calorie vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the needed vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
Regular intake of lemon water along with strenous physical activities, will help in losing weight. You must exercise for 30 minutes everyday. Vitamin C present in lemon helps in the calcium absorption of the body. There are many other health benefits of lemon, which can help you improve your overall health as well. Therefore, start taking lemon juice and get all the health benefits and above all lose your weight, but remember to exercise and watch out your diet.
To know how cinnamon and honey help with weight loss, read our article “Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss”.