Obesity and Skin Irritation
Skin is the largest organ in the body and is the first line of defence.
Obesity and skin irritation
is closely related because an obese person may suffer from various skin irritations, which can be challenging as well. Read on to know more about
obesity and skin irritation.
Obesity can cause different skin problems or many skin conditions. Some of the problems include:
- Stretch marks, which occurs sue to the stretching of the skin tissue called the striae.
- Dermatitis that is the inflammation of the skin.
- Capillaritis, which is rupture of the superficial veins.
- Varicose veins.
- Skin ulcers.
These occur mainly due to the poor circulation, excessive pressure on the vein, fluid retention and pressure on the tissues, which reduces the oxygen and nutrient supply to the tissues and cells.
Other Skin Irritations
- Obesity can cause skin folds under the breasts, neck, armpits, groin, abdomen and any site that comes in contact with skin.
- These skin folds store moisture and breed viral and fungal growth, which can result in blisters, infection and rashes.
- These problems attack the skin integrity and leads in the breakdown of skin.
- Other conditions that occur are calluses with swollen feet and legs and corns.
Tips to Combat Skin Irritations due to Obesity
The main goal is to fight obesity by weight reduction techniques. Weight loss can be achieved by:
- Eating a diet that has plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Adequate intake of fluids, proteins and vitamin supplements.
- Exercise is another factor that helps to achieve a good health.
- You can talk to a dietitian or a health care provider and take the required care.
- Pay attention to general hygiene by keeping the skin folds dry.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing to prevent the cloth from bruising, skin irritation and rubbing.
- You can even talk to a dermatologist and get treated for any of the skin conditions.
Being obese and suffering from medical conditions may increase the problems of skin. Therefore
obesity and skin irritations
are very closely related, which can be prevented easily. So, all you have to do is take extra attention and care to the skin.