Interesting Facts on Obesity
Obesity is condition in which the person gains excess of weight in his/her body. The calculation of obesity can be done by calculating the BMI of the body which is the ratio of the height to the weight. There are many interesting facts related to obesity. In this article we will be discussing some of these facts.
Interesting facts On Obesity:
Some of the interesting facts on obesity are:
- Men are less obsessed as compared to women in all the age groups. This means that the number of overweight women is more around you.
- Both obesity and overweight can result in many chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancers as well.
- If the mother is obsessed then babies born to them can suffer from asthma, studies have proved this scientifically.
- Osteoarthritis is another major disease which can be caused to an obsessed person. This happens due to stress caused to the cartilage of the joint because of excess of body weight.
- Obesity in teenagers and children can result in emotional problems as most of the overweight teens suffer from low self-esteem, which later have grave results.
- Obesity in children has become epidemic in both developed and developing countries due to its rising number.
- Many members of one family can suffer from obesity but this does not mean that it is genetic. This can be due to similar eating patterns of all the members in the family.
- It would be interesting to know that obesity is considered as the second major preventable cause of death after tobacco, which is considered as number one.
- The most interesting fact about obesity is that on hand an obsessed person can lose sleep. On the other hand, loss of sleep can result in obesity.