Excessive consummation of alcohol can make you obese very rapidly. To control this menace you need to be aware of some facts related to alcohol intake. To learn in details, read on.
People, who consume too much of alcohol and day by day are gaining fat, need to stop drinking immediately. Pure alcohol contains 7 calories per gram. Endocrine disorders, hypothalamus dysfunction and pineal gland tumors can cause obesity. Most of the time obesity is caused by overeating. If this overeating is accompanied by excessive intake of alcohol, it won’t take much time before you find yourself in a severe life threatening problem of obesity.
Connection between Alcohol And Obesity
Many people don’t take the trouble to understand that how alcohol takes toll on their health. Here are some facts those you need to know about alcohol.
- Excessive calories in alcohol make you unhealthy. High calorie intake and low energy burning add wounds to the already overweight body. When you take in more alcohol you also tend to over indulge in your eating routine. It has been discovered that one drink a day is good for your whole system where as overdoing your drinking habit will land you in deep health trouble.
- According to experts, men who took to moderate drinking 3-4 days a week experienced 32% decrease in heart attack risks as compared to men who didn’t drink. Also, people who consumed one drink a day 4-5 times a week showed 36% decrease in risks related to the heart.
- Extreme alcohol intake brings a change in the body metabolism that results in obesity. It needn’t stem from high caloric intake. An important cause of stroke, obesity should be controlled by proper diet and health habits. To reduce body weight and blood pressure, reduced alcohol consumption is recommended which follows a low calorie intake and increased physical activity.
Precautions You Need To Take
If you are obese and addicted to alcohol, then we must say, this is the high time for you to give your life a proper shape. And that cannot be done until and unless you are taking some precautions to get rid of alcohol. Here are few tips for you.
- The first and foremost thing which you need to do is reducing alcohol intake. To an addicted person, it may seem to be a bit difficult but you can do it by your strong will power.
- Remember, if you are on a weight losing program, excess alcohol in your body will restrain you from losing weight.
- Don’t keep alcohol bottles in places where you can see. If you see it every now and then, your urge to drink increases.
- Value your life more. Being an alcoholic and becoming obese is not the only way to enjoy life.
- Many persons with a drinking problem do not see or acknowledge that they have a problem with alcohol abuse. They need to be aware of the fact and start treatment without any delay.
- Finally, you can have an alcohol addiction treatment program after consulting with your physician. An alcohol addiction treatment program consists of three general alcoholism treatment option steps. These three steps are intervention, detoxification and rehabilitation.