Recently, several research studies have established the fact that Ayurvedic treatment has more efficiency to cure obesity than any other conventional medications. To learn more about this age old treatment, find below.
Being obese is not only an issue of social ridicule but it can be a terrible proposition than can push your life in a severe risk. In fact obesity brings several kinds of diseases along with it. However, obesity itself is not a disease but if neglected, it can be an open threat to your survival.
In relation to recent research studies, ayurvedic treatment has been demonstrated as much effective approach to fight obesity. The goal of Ayurveda is prevention as well as promotion of the body’s own capacity for maintenance and balance. Ayurvedic treatment is non-invasive and non-toxic, so it can be used safely as an alternative therapy or alongside conventional therapies.
Ayurvedic Tips to Prevent You from the Deadly Menace -Obesity”
Prevention is better then cure. You must take precautions rather following treatment after increase in weight. Once you are obese it is difficult to treat yourself.
- Don’t overeat. Avoid eating during indigestion or just after taking previous meal.
- Avoid afternoon siesta; sleep in the night after one hour of your dinner.
- Maintain you regular workout program like brisk walking, running, swimming etc. avoid sedentary and lethargic lifestyle.
- Avoid eating any product that contains high calories, for example – sweets. Have low fat /skim dairy products. Avoid product like chocolates, ice creams, cheese, paneer, sugar etc.
- Take non-vegetarian food like chicken, fishes, eggs, meats etc. in moderate quantity. Remove fat from meat & skin from chicken.
- Try to reduce using excess oil & ghee in cooking, Use a non-stick pan for cooking. Avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils. Instead of frying things try to consume roasted things & change your cooking techniques a little. Grill or bake food instead of frying, cook vegetables without fat by steaming and boiling.
- Use low fat spreads and chutney on bread instead of butter and cheese.
- Don’t consume excess alcoholic drinks or water on empty stomach.
- Avoid aerated drinks and excess water after meal.
- Intake of fat and carbohydrates should be restricted.
The Ayurvedic treatment is entirely different from what we’ve been used to. Herbal additions can be of great benefit in weight control without the negative side effects of conventional drugs. Only the diet therapy can’t cure obesity until and unless it is followed by treatment of excessive fat and correction of the defective metabolism. This is done by Ayurvedic medicines. These medicines improve fat metabolism in an obese individual. Once a person’s metabolism is correct it is easy for him to maintain his weight.
Some Useful Remedies
- Use of guduchi, devadaru, musta, triphala, takrarishta (a fermented preparation of butter milk) and honey is recommended.
- Powder of yava and amalaka is an excellent formulation for the same.
- Shilajita alongwith the juice of Agnimatha works good.
- Take honey water early in the morning.
- Take powder of Vidanga, Sunthi, Yavakshara, Yava, Aamalaki and ‘Loha (iron) Bhasma’.
You can consult an ayurvedic specialist for details knowledge about the above mentioned substances.