For the obese the major worry is how to burn fat and lose weight. Every obese person tries different ways to burn fat. Here we give you some simple steps which make the â€˜burn the excess fat’ task simple and easy for those.
Steps to Burn Fat:
- In controlling the weight gain fat is not as important as calories. So just ensure that instead of Trans and saturated fats you are taking healthy polysaturated and monosaturated fats. It is better not to eat more than 20 grams of saturated fat in a day.
- Avoid taking processed food and stick to natural food with little added chemicals or preservatives.
- Eat more but in breaks. Instead of taking 3 full meals a day it is better for you to break these meals into 6 micro-meals. This would gear-up your metabolism to burn the fat and maintain a steady level of insulin.
- Try to eat more protein. Protein is an important component to maintain your muscles. Remember that you are taking good quality of protein like fish, poultry and lean meat. Even soy and whey proteins are good options. Avoid taking high saturated fats and meat.
- Take a portion of protein in your every meal and spread it equally throughout the day. In this way you are providing your body constantly with protein used for the rebuilding process.
- You can control overeating by taking low energy-density foods like fruits and vegetables. Vegetables and fruits are also packed with vitamins and minerals, which make sure that your metabolism is working efficiently.
- Do not deprive your meal completely from any one of the components – fats, protein and carbohydrates in every meal are necessary for balanced growth.
- Try to control your aerated drink intake. Instead take lot of fresh fruit juices, vegetable juices and water.
- Water helps a lot in weight control. Almost 70% of your body is composed of water and moreover it helps in flushing out the metabolic waste. Drinking lot of water makes you eat less, so it is not necessary to wait until you are thirsty. At least drink 8 glasses of water everyday.
- Eat lot of fiber. You should consume at least 30 grams of fiber daily. Fiber helps in flushing out cholesterol from your body. Rich sources of fiber are vegetables, whole-grain bread, high fiber cereal and fruits with skin. For example, prefer eating an orange instead of drinking orange juice as it has lot of fiber.
- Slowly eat your meal and chew it properly before swallowing.
- It is better for you to eat complex grains early during the day and for the evenings you can take fruits that are rich in carbohydrates.
- You need to make some changes in your sleeping habits. Try to sleep at least for 7-8 hours/night. More or less sleep can have an adverse effect on your health.
- Completely say no to fast food and stick to natural and homemade food.
- Try to include Omega-3 essential fatty acid in your diet. Salmon fish, shellfish and halibut are rich source of this essential fatty acid. Omega-3 keeps your heart healthy, reduces the size of fat cells and helps in fat loss.
- It is better to take food with lower glycemic acid.
- Reduce your intake of hydrogenated fats to negligible amount as it keeps you fat.
- You have to exercise regularly so as to maintain your weight and to burn the fat before it gets accumulated in your body.
- Lastly, do not starve yourself but change your diet to a healthy and nutritious one. Do not abstain yourself completely from food you love but remember not to overeat.
Tips to Burn Fat Fast:
- To boost-up your metabolism and fat loss process mix cardio exercise with your strength training exercises.
- Don’t look for exercises that are too hard or too easy. The exercise options you choose should feel comfortably hard”. If you go for â€˜too hard’ options you may hurt yourself or get injured. The â€˜too easy’ ones will not help in the fat burning process.
It is advisable to consult your physician before starting any type of health program or exercise routine, to get the right advice.