Stretch marks caused by obesity really leave ugly marks and really hamper the aesthetic side of women. So every woman searches for ways to cure these ugly looking stretch marks. Below you will find some methods by which you can get rid of these stretch marks.
To every modern woman, stretch mark is an irksome thing. As a consequence, most of the women always keep on searching for ways to diminish the stretch marks.
The common misconception is that they form due to obesity, pregnancy, quick weight gains or during growth spurts. While these all can be external factors, stretch marks actually form when these external factor affect the production of collagen.
What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are commonly caused by obesity, puberty and pregnancy. Stretch marks are actually scars found in the lower layers of the skin. They can first appear as reddish lines but they tend to diminish and appear as white lines on the skin.
However, medically they can appear anywhere on the body, they tend more to show up in areas where more fats are reserved. Although, stretch mark is not considered as a health risk but it really damages your beauty.
Home remedies to remove stretch marks
Stretch marks can be easily cured if it’s in the mild stage. For that you need to use some effective home remedies.
- Always take balanced diet. Try to consume good amount of seeds and nuts that contain zinc to prevent stretch marks.
- Indulge yourself into a regular workout program to keep your skin amenable and free from toxins. Consult with a health professional.
- Apply aloe vera gel, cod liver oil, or vitamin E oil to the affected areas to help the healing process. Massage the affected area gently.
- Drink plenty of water. It helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin and thus, prevents the stretch mark.
- Exfoliate by scrubbing with a wet washcloth. Mix 1/2 teaspoon each of cod liver oil, olive oil, and aloe vera gel. Apply it to the areas prone to stretch marks.
Treatment of Stretch Marks
If the home remedies don’t seem to be very useful to you , then you can go for some advanced treatment after consulting your physician. Various kinds of treatments are presently available to reduce the stretch marks including laser treatments, dermabrasion, and prescription retinoid.
Dermabrasion or chemical peel may be used to remove unwanted stretch marks and there are new advancements in laser surgeries. Topical retinoid therapy, chemical peels and pulse dye laser therapy also removes stretch marks. Here are some easy steps to cure stretch marks:
- The first step to cure stretch mark is prevention. These marks can be easily prevented by using good stretch mark lotions and moisturizing creams. It can be beneficial, since they can provide elasticity to the skin to make it less likely to tear.
- TriLastin SR is a stretch mark removal formula made up of peptides, proteins, anti-oxidants and humectants to give fast visible changes in stretch marks. The cream reduces both the depth and length of the scar tissue by actually filling in the stretch marks.
- Laser therapy and massage therapy are two preferred methods used to decrease stretch marks and both are non-invasive procedures that don’t require any recovery time.
- If all of the above mentioned methods don’t work then you have only one option left. The last option is surgery, which must be performed by a licensed plastic surgeon at a hospital or surgery center.
Can Laser Treat Obesity Stretch Marks ?
Laser is an Abbrevation. It stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. They are basically energy waves. The energy of these waves depends on a parameter called Frequency. When this parameter is the same of all the waves, they can be focused along one particular direction and a single point of interest. Off late, Laser treatment is carried in different branches of medicine with huge benefits. In many cases, this treatment provides permanent solution too.
Obesity is caused by fat cells. These cells have an unique quality of expanding in size rather than multiplying like other cell types. The fat cells grow in size by accumulating fat molecules within them. Laser energy waves target these fat molecules and break them in order to remove the stretch marks.
However this technique is costly, painful and must be carried out under medical supervision by the professionals.